Peppermint Create Spain Logo

Peppermint Creates SL

Urb. Señorio de Cortes 44,
Nueva Atalaya, 29688
Estepona, Malaga, Spain
T: (+34) 951 316 553 E: info@peppermintcreate.com

Get Social
Get in Touch!

Opt InOpt Out

Shaping a Content Strategy for 2015

The stats for content strategies show that the majority of content marketers haven’t adopted the concept of making a strategy plan. Here are some top tips for creating a content strategy for 2015.

1. First, what should your content strategy cover?

• A strong and consistent presence across the main social media networks
• A blog with a regular publishing schedule
• Content that covers topics of interest to your customers/clients
• Measurement tools so you can see what’s working and what isn’t.

Don’t forget to present this as a clearly written plan for the team using it. Only 35% of B2B content marketers have a plan – don’t be one of the remaining 65%.

2. Second, email marketing is not dead yet. Create interesting email campaigns that get your users buying, contacting you, whatever you need.

According to Newscred, the ROI on investment in email marketing is $44.25 for every dollar spent. Translate that into any currency you like and it’s still good.

3. Keep on blogging. It has an amazing impact on lead generation. But plan your blog with care.

B2B bloggers generate 67% more leads than businesses without a blog. Some 37% believe that a blog is the most valuable aspect of content marketing, say Newscred. Budget to pay for good writing, though.

4. Branded content is more effective for getting customers than press ads and PR.

Make sure all your social media posts, blogs and email marketing have your brand on them. Consumers now respond better to information from a trusted source rather than full on advertising.

5. Work on creating interactive content – quizzes, competitions, polls, calculators get more responses than read-only content.

You’ve probably noticed how many people will do a quiz or enter a competition on Facebook, and they’re more likely to share these posts. Interactive is definitely the future!

6. Start thinking about ways to use video content. Newscred says that by 2017, video will make 70% of Internet traffic.

Videos play an increasingly important role in all kinds of websites. People would now rather watch than read or listen. It doesn’t have to be expensive; it just requires some basic equipment and a plan.

Content marketing is still in its infancy; it will become something much bigger than we can imagine right now. And here’s a thought: by 2020 around 85% of customers will manage their relationship with brands and companies without ever speaking to a human. We’re not there yet, but we need to prepare for it.

If you’d like help with your online content – whether it is social media or a blog – contact Jade Thompson on +34 951 316 553 or email info@peppermintcreate.com