Can You Tackle Your Own SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is not what it used to be. Times have changed, target audiences think and act in different ways, Google has unveiled countless algorithm updates…this is definitely not the same SEO rodeo that it once was, and for your business to thrive, if not merely survive, you really do need to take note.
Now, don’t get us wrong, you absolutely do not need to personally keep up with all the essential SEO tools needed to set your business apart from the crowd, get or keep it in Google’s good graces (i.e. the all-important first page SER place), build bigger online audiences, and make more money. Absolutely not. There are professional digital marketing agencies who specialise in SEO -like Peppermint, who can do that for you. Who spend countless hours every day, week, month, learning and implementing all the best practice SEO strategies specifically with your industry and your business in mind. Their business model is quite literally ‘if you don’t succeed, we don’t succeed’ so of course they’re going to be good at it!
To save you time, money, and quite possibly your sanity, I highly recommend working with one of these SEO / digital marketing agencies. They’re good at what they do for good reason and well worth the investment. Should you choose to take on the SEO monster yourself, though, here’s some key points to keep in mind:
- Without exaggeration, nearly all organic leads come from great In fact, only 0.78% of Google users will click on content in the 2nd page of their search results! In short, Search Engine Rankings (SER) matter. A lot. Your business needs an exceptional SEO strategy in place to get them there.
- Google is a noun and a verb for a reason. And that reason is Google has the unadulterated market on search engines. They also have a ton of money to keep them there. And this is where BERT comes in. Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers (aka BERT) is the AI technology Google invented, uses, and is constantly (constantly!) updating to make their bots accurately rank websites based on what Google users are actually wanting. It’s eerily accurate how well Google can tap into the mind of someone using its search engine, which means your SEO strategy must absolutely tap into the mind of someone using Google too. Natural language, solutions-oriented, and customer-centric content is the name of the game here.
- You can always tell when you’re talking to a robot, and BERT doesn’t like As great at robots are becoming, their language skills are nowhere near conversational and great SEO, thanks to BERT, requires that subtle, nuanced, natural conversational language that AI simply can’t produce, at least not yet. In short, AI might be a great addition to other areas of your digital marketing strategy, but it’s not the shining light for SEO. Always use human content writers -good ones are worth their weight in SEO gold.
- Consumers don’t necessarily mind ads (we’re used to them by now!), but we can also spot them from a mile away. Don’t be fake, don’t try and trick your audience, and use real-life (“user generated”) content as much as possible -strategically, of
- There’s a lot of dead websites on the internet and Google wouldn’t have a good business strategy if it directed search results to them. So it doesn’t. Convince Google’s bots that you aren’t a dead (or dying) website by updating your website content Blogs can most definitely be your way to SEO success.
- Never forget the power of a good call to And that goes double for SEO masters who make it to #1 on Google’s SERP (search engine results page). Once you’ve made it to the top, use great title tags and meta descriptions to keep yourself there and make your business more money with higher click-through rates.
Amazing, incredible, successful SEO strategy is both a science and an art, and a constantly evolving one at that. Continuous education on the many layers and facets it involves, on-going training on how to implement them using today’s ever-changing technologies, and plenty of broad and nuanced experience in strategies, industries, geographies, even language (especially relevant in our own bi- lingual area of Marbella and the greater Costa del Sol) is essential for getting the job done right.
If you’re excited about taking on your business’ SEO strategy this year and beyond, you’re not alone. Plenty of people find it exciting, thrilling, and a great challenge to tackle. If you’re one of those who dread the idea instead as an overly complex, complicated, and time-consuming nuisance, you’re also in good company and a perfect candidate for giving the SEO experts at Peppermint a call. With tons of local experience, on-going training in the art of SEO, and the high quality results to show for it, we’d love to help you get your SEO strategy in line to boost your rankings and your profits.
Reach our SEO team by calling (+34) 951 316 553 or sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us through our online form here. We look forward to speaking with you and working with you to design and implement your perfect SEO strategy!